Invest in as much of yourself as you can, you are your own biggest asset by far.
An education is the biggest investment you could make in yourself. You’ll carry the skills you learn with you for the rest of your life. No one can take them away. You can’t default on them.
But you can fall behind on student loans. That’s why it’s important to consider the returns on your training investment. How does the cost of trade school stack up against other educational options, the job prospects after graduation and the satisfaction you could find in your career choice?
Cost vs. Career Potential
- 81% of construction companies are having a hard time filling salaried and hourly skilled trades positions.ii.
- Vocational training can prepare you for them at a fraction of the cost of college.
Average Training Cost Comparison
- 4 years of college is not the only route to a good paying job. In the U.S., there are 30 million jobs with a median yearly salary of $55,000 that don’t require a bachelor’s degreev.
- Supply and Demand: The skilled trade shortage is forcing more companies to raise wages for workers with the right skillsvi.
Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year College
$64,896 in 2019vii
Associate Degree from a Community College
$46,124 in 2019vii
Diploma/Degree from a Trade School
High School Diploma
$38,792 in 2019vii
- "Engaging work" was the top reason American workers cited for staying at their job in 2020.ix.
- Skilled trades jobs aren’t boring. Welders, electricians and HVAC/R technicians put their skills to work to rebuild and repair America’s infrastructure.
- Building and fixing thingsxi.
- Active workx.
- Working with your hands.
- Travel opportunities for welders.
- 80% or more of TWS welding graduates were employed in their field of studyx, xi, xii.
- More than 40 percent of college graduates worked jobs that didn’t require a degree in 2020.xiv.
Skilled Trades Training: A Smart Investment
A post-secondary education could be the first major investment you make after high school. It’s a big decision because it could impact how soon you can hit other major milestones in your life:
- Supporting yourself
- Getting Married
- Buying A Home
- Starting a Family
With lower training costs compared to college, healthy job prospects and the potential for career satisfaction, skilled trades training can be the first smart investment of many you make.
Sign Up Today for Skilled Trades Training
Ready to get started with skilled trades training? We can answer any questions you may have and walk you through the admissions, enrollment, and financial aid process. Call us today!