What’s TWS all about?
Tulsa Welding School (TWS) was founded in 1949 in Tulsa, Oklahoma by two welders to meet the demand for skilled tradespeople in the welding industry. Since then, TWS has become a multi-campus institution that trains students in the skills, knowledge, and attitudes necessary for entry-level positions in the skilled trades:
- Heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC/R)
TWS has expanded its programs and opened two new campuses to meet the growing demand not only for welders, but also for technicians in the HVAC/R and welding industries. Tulsa Welding School Jacksonville was opened in 2001 in Jacksonville, Florida. Tulsa Welding School & Technology Center was opened in 2014 in Houston, Texas. Tulsa Welding School opened a new campus in the Dallas metro area in 2023.
To expand our skilled trades training opportunities to more people, and to meet the demand for skilled welders, HVAC/R technicians, and electricians, TWS has opened three new campuses since 2001:
- Tulsa Welding School Jacksonville was opened in 2001 in Jacksonville, Florida, and
- Tulsa Welding School & Technology Center was opened in 2014 in Houston, Texas.
- Tulsa Welding School opened its fourth campus and second Texas campus in Dallas in 2023.
Students are the heart of Tulsa Welding School
We know new places and experiences can be scary, which is why our staff is dedicated to supporting and guiding students from enrollment to graduation. Our team provides a host of student services, including housing assistance and temporary job assistance. We also help graduates find job opportunities in the field they trained for.
What Are TWS Students Like?
- They want to train for a career in less than a year.
- They prefer learning by doing and working with their hands, not by sitting in a classroom all day.
- They know what they want: a rewarding career they can be proud of.
TWS’s I-CARE Values
Our students are the reason we continue to do what we do.
We act with Integrity and honesty to help students move from enrollment to graduation.
We use two-way Communication to understand every student’s unique expectations and situation.
We take Accountability for the academic success of all students while they are enrolled.
Our students Respect us enough to trust us with their time, money and goals, and we show them that same respect in return.
We work every day to achieve Excellence, because excellence for us means the best possible outcome for our students.
Learn more about one of our career fields and get started on an exciting new career path.