The Funding You Need for Your Vocational Training Investment

More than half of Tulsa Welding School students received financial aid in the 2017-2018 school year.i

What Is Financial Aid?

Financial aid is money to help pay for trade school. If you’re unsure about how to pay for vocational training, don’t worry. There are several sources of funding available through financial aid that you may qualify for, such as grants, scholarships, and loans.ii

We’re here to help simplify the process of applying for financial aid. Our Financial Aid Advisors will support you through each step of mapping out a plan to fund your training investment.

TWS Financial Aid Support Services

  • Understanding your financial aid options.
  • Finding and filling out the right forms.
  • Determining your eligibility.
  • Preparation and planning.
  • Calculating your cost of attendance.
  • Assisting with possible scholarship opportunities.
  • Determining whether you’re an independent or dependent student.
  • Assistance with applying your military benefits to vocational training.

What Are Your Financial Aid Options?

Worried about how to pay for tuition, books and other school-related expenses? You have options. Based on financial need and other factors, you may qualify for “Gift Aid” (scholarships and grants), low-interest federal loans, or private loans.

federal grants

Federal Grants

The federal government awards grants to students based on their financial need. Learn more about grants.



Did you get good grades in high school? Were you a star athlete? Are you a member of a community organization? Then you might qualify for a scholarship. There are thousands of scholarships and even more reasons you might be eligible for one. You could qualify for a scholarship simply for choosing skilled trades training.iii
Learn more about scholarships

student loans

Student Loans

When you apply for financial aid, loans may be offered as part of your tuition plan. This is money you borrow for school and then must pay back with interest, usually after you graduate. There are two types of student loans: federal and private.iv
Learn more about student loans

federal grants


The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) provides federal aid to institutions of higher education to disburse over the next year to help students cover expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19, including food, housing, utilities, course materials, technology, healthcare, childcare, and moving/transportation expenses. Learn more about CARES Act / HEERF Fund.

Types of Federal Student Aid

How to Get Financial Aid: 3 Easy Steps to Start

Your first step toward funding your training with financial aid is filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Here’s how to get started:

financial aid step 1

Step 1

Get an FSA ID. Go here.

financial aid step 2

Step 2

Complete Your FAFSA. Go here.

Use the Federal School Code for Tulsa Welding School: 015733

financial aid step 3

Step 3

Call a TWS Financial Aid Advisor at 855-237-7711.

FAFSA Overview Video

Financial Aid FAQ & Resources

Have questions? Need quick answers? Visit our Financial Aid FAQ & Resources page or give us a call today.


We’re Here to Help

Our Financial Aid Advisors are standing by to answer any questions you have about finding funding for your investment in trade school. We’ll help you through the financial aid process and create a tuition plan to make sure your training is funded by the time school starts.

Additional Sources