This competition-based scholarship program is designed to provide tuition assistance to eligible high school seniors who have registered and participated in the TWS Top Welder Competition. Recipients will be selected without regard to race, sex, color, creed, religious preference, age, national origin, or disability.
To be awarded the scholarship, students must:
- be a U. S. citizen or permanent resident;
- be a high school senior enrolled during the 2018-2019 school year;
- have no lapse in proper registration or break in attendance; and
- maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress with 90% attendance and a “B” average.
Awarding Process and Rules
- Scholarships are not transferable or renewable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other institutional scholarship.
- Only one award will be given per student. If a student is eligible for multiple scholarships, the scholarship that is most beneficial to the student will be awarded.
- Scholarships will be distributed incrementally over the student’s entire academic program.
- Scholarship eligibility requires continuous enrollment. Termination from training may result in the loss of this
- Scholarships will be awarded based on placement in the competition (see chart below).
- Judges at the competition will determine each score and placement of all competitors.
The decision of the Scholarship Committee will be final.